Bangkok – 21 May 2013: “The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has announced that the biggest tourism festival of the year called the Thailand Tourism Festival 2013, will take place on 5 – 9 June at the IMPACT Arena. The key talking point will concern Thailand’s tourism as the hub of ASEAN Economic Cooperation (AEC) regional tourism.” said Mr. Suraphon Svetasreni, Governor of the Tourism Authority of Thailand.
TAT encourages any and all interested parties and individuals to head to Muang Thong Thani in Nonthaburi to participate in the Festival and to get in on the ground floor of planning for the momentous changes that will occur with the advent of AEC in 2015.
As it prepares for the AEC, TAT has focused on building Thailand as a tourism hub for ASEAN, developing a high-quality workforce to serve the industry and promoting intra-tourism under cooperation with ASEAN members.
Apart from its two main websites, tourismthailand.org and Thaitravelmart.com, TAT has developed Aectourismthai.com to promote the country in ASEAN. To capitalise on all the forthcoming changes, TAT has crafted the “Thailand and Beyond Strategy” to be ready for the AEC in 2015.
There are many special activities being held at the Thailand Tourism Festival, including:
- Thailand Tourism with AEC+6 Tourism and Convention Centre Exhibition: Including Thailand, Myanmar, Lao PDR., Vietnam, Cambodia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Philippines, Indonesia; + Japan, Korea, China, India, Australia, and New Zealand.
- Modern Marketing Exhibition of Tourism Authority of Thailand under the theme of “Fascinating in Thailand”.
- Tourism in 5 regions of Thailand Exhibition.
– Northern region of Thailand: “Valuable Culture, Natural Forest”
– Central region of Thailand: “Various Styles of Tourism in the Central Region“
– Northeastern region of Thailand: “Civilisation Learning Source”
– Southern region of Thailand: “Beautiful Forest, Clear Sea, Variety of Cultures”
– Eastern region of Thailand: “Colourful East”
- Presenting new tourism perspectives with Walking Streets in 5 tourism regions.
- Tasting and shopping for delicious food and famous dishes from 5 tourism regions.
- Performance stage of contemporary Thai and international art and culture @ the main stage.
- Showcase of organisations allied with TAT; such as, TCEB, SACICT, with provinces being the tourism centre in each region.
- Academic seminar relating to tourism for business alliances and educational institutions in the field of tourism.
- Promoting domestic sales, especially for tourism entrepreneurs and VIP guests on 5 June, 2013, at 9.00 a.m. – 12.00 p.m.
- Centre of tourism products and services with quality and special promotions; over 1,000 lists can be categorised into:
– Transportation (Airplane/automobile/train/ship)
– Hotel, accommodation, resort
– Tour guide companies
– Special tourist attractions, golf courses
– Financial institutions, banks, credit cards
– Spas, beauty salons, hospitals
– Amusement parks, entertainment venues, department stores
– Other products and services
“Last year, TTF 2012 welcomed a total of 180,000 visitors. This generated revenue of 290 million Baht. For this year’s TTF 2013, the projected number of visitors is at 200,000 which will generate approximately 300 million Baht. So don’t miss the biggest tourism festival of the year with a brand new style. TAT has organised this event without any charge for all interested parties.” the TAT Governor noted.